Search for free typing games is what has most probably brought you to this page. But why are they so important, and are they worth using? To find this out, we need to look at the topic from a much wider angle.
The world has moved from an analog to a digital age with computers forming an integral part of human life. Besides from this, computers have become a part of the learning curriculum in all but a few countries, and so typing skills are among the most important set of skills that any child should learn to excel in school in this era. Apart from school, even social life nowadays requires one to have at least basic typing skills. As children are starting to interact with others on social media at a very early age typing skills are crucial.
Although schools also offer computer classes to children at a very young age most of them do not always learn to type as fast as you would wish as a parent. Furthermore, with the high numbers of students per class the teacher cannot be able to give all the kids the personalized attention required to learn fast. And so to help your child learn how to type within a short time and to enjoy doing it the most efficient and fun learning mode is through typing games. They have been used to teach children how to type and how to increase their typing speed for several years, and so this is a tested and proven model of learning.
What Are Typing Games
As the name suggests, these are fun games that teach children how to type. However, they do so in a fun and a more interactive way unlike in traditional classes. These games provide kids with a relaxed atmosphere where apart from learning how to type ABC they also learn several other things.
These games are offered by different organizations online for free, but other downloadable ones are sold for a small fee. However, free typing games are more than enough to help your kid learn how to type as they include all the basics. They include familiar things like letters and images that kids easily identify with, and so they will be more eager to learn
Why You Need Typing Games for Children
- The basic typing course offered in schools only teaches children to put two fingers on the keyboard. The reason for this is because the teachers want them to learn everything at a slow pace and according to the curriculum but in the end, the kids become very slow at typing. These games teach children a slightly more advanced typing technique where they use more fingers to type.
- Kids often become uncomfortable when attending typing lessons in schools as they do not want to feel embarrassed if they do not know basic things like how to place their hands on the keyboard. However, with typing games this will not be an issue because your kid will learn at his pace from the comfort of your home.
- Typing games will take your kid through stage by stage in typing. They are built as lessons that are introduced to the child in a step by step basis starting with simple things such as identifying the different components of a computer.
- Typing games will help your child learn the various functions of a keyboard and what each key is supposed to do. Mastering the keyboard is one of the most important things in learning how to type and so understanding the keyboard is imperative.
- Apart from just learning how to type these games also provide children with a way to learn spellings, alphabets and the meaning of simple words. Children tend to learn things faster through play and so these games will have a positive impact on the educational progress of your child.
- With these typing games, you do not have to force your kid to learn how to type or improve their typing speed. In fact, most children are always looking forward to playing these games, as they are fun and interactive. Some also allow them to compete with their friends, and so they will significantly improve their typing skills in the process.
- This programs offer kids regular practice or exercises in typing, and so they learn faster. Children tend to grasp things faster than adults especially if they do them over and over again. In case, your child wants to remember something about typing he or she can easily do so by associating it with one of the games.
- Typing games help children learn without even realizing that they are picking up new skills. Most children have an attitude towards education and so if they know that they are learning something they will probably find it annoying but if it is just a game like any other, then they will have no problem with it.
Advantages of Typing Games
- Typing games will save you a lot of time and money. You will not have to pay for expensive programs and software for your kid to learn how to type since they are free of charge. They will also save you time, as you will not be obliged to dedicate time trying to teach your little one how to type.
- They are readily available online on different sites, and so you do not have to search for long before finding the right program for your kid. Furthermore, since they are free, you can try out a few or have more than one for your children.
- These games provide children with hours of exercises without them getting bored unlike in the regular typing classes.
- The fun in this games attracts children to learn in their own volition.
- Apart from typing, children also learn numbers and phonetics that are the foundation for language education.
- Kids also develop logical and rational thinking from playing these games.
- Typing games provide children with different obstacles, and so as they play, they will learn how to overcome them on their own, which is a vital skill for their future life.
Where to Get These Games
Different schools offer these games as a way to help children learn how to type fast and to make what they teach in classes more useful. Therefore, the school is a good place to start if you want these games for your kid. However, the best place and also the most reliable one is online because several sites offer this games. Some sites offer downloadable games while others can only be played online.